002 | How to rebrand and transform a 118-year-old organization with Adam Legge, President and CEO of the Calgary Chamber of Commerce
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
In this episode, you’ll learn how Adam did the most difficult thing any brand can do, completely transform its brand from a negative to a positive brand image. This is particularly difficult to achieve for well established brands such as the Calgary Chamber of Commerce which, at the time of the rebrand was celebrating its 118th anniversary.
Even if you’re not an over 100-year-old organization with a highly negative brand perception, you’ll still get a lot out of this episode. You’ll learn how to bring your board and staff along a rebrand process, get their buy in and how to involve them in being active participants in building the brand.
You’ll also learn the critical aspects of what organizations need to do internally to truly bring the brand to life, and turn it from a concept or desire to actual audience experiences.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- The value of having a purpose driven organization for audience and staff engagement as well as for the bottom line
- The importance of having a clear image of what you want your brand to be in order to achieve it
- How your brand must permeate the entire organization and the methodical effort and attention It takes to achieve it
Links to resources mentioned in this episode:
- Salim Ismael
- Simon Vincent
- Bill Brunton
- Scott Crockat
- Calgary Chamber of Commerce
- Harrison Coerver
- Adam Legge
This episode .pdf has been designed to help you evaluate the need for a rebrand or a brand platform. The .pdf contains the 5 main questions you need to ask to assess if you do indeed have a clear brand purpose. I don’t mean a mission and vision that sits on your strategic plans and annual reports, but a real brand purpose that is meaningful internally to your staff and externally to your audiences. A brand purpose that staff understands how to turn it into a reality.
A good product or service alone it’s not enough. Not anymore. You need to be a purpose driven brand to attract audiences, galvanize staff and build strong relationships. The questions on the .pdf for this episode will help you gauge where you are with your brand and what you need to do.
Thanks for listening
To share your thoughts
- If you have a question or episode topic idea leave a message here.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.BACK TO PODCAST MAIN
SUBSCRIBEFor brand and marketing tips, trends and other information sign up to our blog.