November 6, 2017
3 | The importance of research to craft winning brand strategies with Mathew Stone, Co-founder of Stone-Olafson
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
In this episode, Mathew walks us through the role research plays in ensuring we understand where we stand in the marketplace, what our brand perception is and how research informs brand strategies. Mathew explains how the right questions generate the right decisions.
In this episode, we talk about the importance of not only knowing what questions to ask but how to interpret the research findings. The data is one thing, but interpreting the data to go from what Mathew calls “the what” to the “now what”, that’s what matters.
If you don’t have the budget to apply to a large research project, this episode will tell how you can find useful data through readily available research and through digital tools that can help you gather data specific to your industry, area of focus or organization.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- The important role research plays not only in apprising where our brand stands but in guiding strategies to strengthen the brand.
- Don’t be afraid of what you might find out. The risk is in not knowing.
- The importance of determining the question/s we want answers to, before embarking on a research project
- How to turn your research data into strategies and tactics that will strengthen your brand
Links to resources mentioned in this episode
- Stone – Olafson
- Mathew Stone
- Calgary Stampede
- Princess Auto
- Calgary Chamber of Commerce
- Survey Monkey
- Statistics Canada
- Economic Development
- Online Survey software and questionnaire tools
Thanks for listening
To share your thoughts
- If you have a question or episode topic idea leave a message here.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.BACK TO PODCAST MAIN
SUBSCRIBEFor brand and marketing tips, trends and other information sign up to our blog.