November 16, 2017
5 | The 5 essential elements of a brand
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
In this episode, I walk you through the 5 main elements of a brand. These are the must-have foundational pieces to build a powerful brand. Everything you do and say stems out of these foundational pieces. If you don’t have them down, you likely don’t have a well-defined, consistent and highly attractive brand.
These essential elements are what will help you define your brand, establish how you can bring your brand to life, and help you bring focus and meaning to your brand. I go into detail for each of the 5 elements giving examples and helping clarify the purpose and value of each.
Who can benefit from listening in:
If you are building a new brand or thinking of rebranding this episode will help you identify where to start and what you need to establish before anything else. These foundational pieces are what you need to define before you ever get into designing logos, websites, marketing campaigns, etc.
Even if you’re not thinking of rebranding, this episode will still help you focus on your key messages, your purpose and on your audiences, both internal and external. It will be a great reminder or refresher on what really matters to your audiences and what ultimately will help your organization stand out.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- The 5 foundational pieces you must have that define your brand and from which all communication and experiences stem out of.
- It’s not about you and it’s not even about your product or service. It’s always about your audience and the difference you make in their lives.
- The importance of ensuring you’re clear on who you are as a brand and you can live it and express it every time in every way.
- Think carefully about your brand purpose. It’s not just about having an inspirational purpose, you have to commit to it and live by it.
Links to resources mentioned in this episode
- Simon Sinek
- ATB’s story. The 94 words they live by
- Terry O’Riley
- Jeff Bezos
- The Mayo Clinic
- Theodore Levitt
Thanks for listening
To share your thoughts
- If you have a question or episode topic idea leave a message here.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.BACK TO PODCAST MAIN
SUBSCRIBEFor brand and marketing tips, trends and other information sign up to our blog.