009 | Dave Kelly on how to tell your story
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
In this episode, I talk to Dave Kelly a two time AMPIA award winner for “Best TV Host”, an accomplished actor, MC and an excellent interviewer with over 23,000 interviews.
Dave is a charismatic, personable and very funny guy but perhaps more than anything Dave is a gifted storyteller. Dave has this innate ability to connect with people. He can take any subject and turn it into a captivating story that resonates with audiences.
In this episode Dave shares his tips on how to tell your story in a way that is interesting and engaging to your audience.
Who can benefit from listening in:
Regardless of the industry you’re in or the size of your organization, we all have the need to communicate effectively with our audiences and there is no better way to do that than through storytelling. But not all stories are the same and those who can tell their story the better, win.
In this episode, you’ll gain insights from a master storyteller on how to shape your story, captivate audiences and win people over.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- Most organizations talk about themselves and what is important to them but they don’t know how to relate to their audience and make it interesting to them.
- Thinking people should because you care is the biggest mistake organizations do.
- Every story needs to have an emotional pull. If there is no emotion, there is no story.
Links to resources mentioned in this episode
This episode includes a downloadable .pdf with the key tips Dave shared on how to tell your story.
Thanks for listening
To share your thoughts
- If you have a question or episode topic idea leave a message here.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.BACK TO PODCAST MAIN
SUBSCRIBEFor brand and marketing tips, trends and other information sign up to our blog.