012 | Why & How to Collaborate
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
We have recently touched on the concept of collaborations, particularly in the past two episodes. On episode 11, Jim Button from Village Brewery, Evans Hunt and many collaborative initiatives such as The Circle, and on episode 12 with Mike Morrison the man behind Mike’s Bloggity Blog, Social West conference and a social media influencer.
Both episodes illustrate the importance and benefit of collaborations and in this episode, I go a little deeper. I walk you through the two main types of collaborations, the benefits they can bring your organization and what to look for to ensure your collaborations are successful.
In this era of diminishing brand loyalty, collaborations can be a great way not only to reach wider audiences but to engage your audience in a much more meaningful way.
Collaborations can also strengthen your culture and increase workforce retention so listen in and start thinking of different ways your organization can collaborate with other brands and your audiences.
Who can benefit from listening in:
You may already be doing collaborations with other organizations and brands but how can you take those to another level and how can you bring your staff and audience into the mix.
Collaborations can do more than provide greater brand expose and reach new markets. They can be the best way to engage your audience, create a community and a strong sense of belonging with your brand.
Listen to this episode and start thinking of ways on how your organization can develop new collaborations.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- There are two main types of collaborations, co-marketing and co-creation.
- Focus on the strategy first and tactics second.
- Align with brands that share similar brand values than your own and have a common purpose.
- Collaborations are a great way to develop product innovations and to create a much stronger bonds with your audience.
Links to resources mentioned in this episode
- Lego ideas
- My Starbucks
- Stratos – GoPro and Red Bull
- Pottery Barn and Sherwin-Williams
- Mike Morrison – Facebook
- Social West
- Jim Button – Twitter
- Village Brewery
- Nike + Apple
- Alberta Podcast Network
- Alberta Women Entrepreneurs Learning Day
This episode includes a downloadable .pdf with the top tips Mike shared in the podcast.
Thanks for listening
To share your thoughts
- If you have a question or episode topic idea leave a message here.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.BACK TO PODCAST MAIN
SUBSCRIBEFor brand and marketing tips, trends and other information sign up to our blog.