February 8, 2018
16 | Part 1: What you need to succeed at building a business and a meaningful brand – with Ray DePaul
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
This is part one of my two-part conversation with Ray DePaul, Director of the Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the Bissett School of Business at Mount Royal University. Ray was also the director of product planning for Research in Motion, the company that brought us the Blackberry. A successful entrepreneur himself, Ray now teaches and help guide entrepreneurs from all industries.
Ray shares with us many stories and examples of what it takes to build a successful business and a meaningful brand.
Who can benefit from listening in:
Whether you’re starting a brand new business or trying to strengthen an existing one, this episode is full of great advice and great examples of what to focus on, watch for and how to engage your audience and your staff.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- What problem are you solving? Why do people care? What makes your solution unique? Simple basic questions, but many organizations don’t have clear answers.
- Be careful with who you listen to. The customer is always right until they’re terribly wrong.
- Do you really know your brand? Blackberry got it wrong. There was a disconnect between their brand and their product. Don’t make the same mistake.
- Ray DePaul
- Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Clay Christensen
- Jobs to be done theory
- Nomodic Modular Structures
- Alberta Podcast Network
Thanks for listening
To share your thoughts
- If you have a question or episode topic idea leave a message here.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.BACK TO PODCAST MAIN
SUBSCRIBEFor brand and marketing tips, trends and other information sign up to our blog.