023 | Delivering a beautiful experience with Evelio Mattos
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
Have you ever got something that came in a beautiful package and opening it was an exciting and pleasant experience? Even before fully opening the package you thought it was a high-quality product?
Those feelings of excitement, pleasure and reassurance of a high-quality product are all purposefully designed. When it comes to a well packaged product, nothing is left to chance.
The package of a product is the most intimate experience someone has with a brand besides the use of the actual product, and sometimes it can be the determination if you’ll keep and use that product or return it.
Packaging must be a reflection of your brand and it can elevate or underwhelm your brand. In this episode you’ll listen from Evelio Mattos, one of the world’s top package designer on how packaging is a physical part of your brand and how important it is to get it right.
Who can benefit from listening in:
This is a must listen to any organization who has a physical product. And for those who don’t have a physical product can apply a lot of the insights shared in this episode in different experiences. Either in their physical locations, at events, in documents or any other point of contact a customer or client may have with your organization.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- Packaging is the brand physical embodiment.
- Packaging must deliver a beautiful experience. It should feel like a gift.
- Packaging plays a huge role in either elevating or underwhelming a product.
- Don’t think of packaging from the practical stance of where to place a product to take it from the store to the client, but rather on the experience it will provide the client when opening the package.
- Package should provide an experience, it should create a sense of excitement and anticipation.
- Packaging must create layers of anticipation and delightful moments of unveiling.
Links to resources mentioned in this episode
- Design Packaging Inc.
- The dieline
- Forma Structural Packaging
- Evelio Mattos – Twitter
- Evelio Mattos – Linkedin
- Alberta Podcast Network
Here are a series of articles on packaging.
Thanks for listening
To share your thoughts
- If you have a question or episode topic idea leave a message here.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.BACK TO PODCAST MAIN
SUBSCRIBEFor brand and marketing tips, trends and other information sign up to our blog.