April 19, 2018
026 | The importance of colour in building brands and the bottom line with Angela Wright
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
Colour affects us in more ways than we can imagine. It sets moods, it attracts our attention, it evokes emotions and memories and it even causes physical reactions. Colour therefore is an incredibly important part of your brand.
Colour is not just a way to express your brand personality but also to evoke the right image and perception and most importantly the action you want your audience to take. By changing colour alone, you can increase sales and productivity, so colour also affects the bottom line.
In today’s episode we’re talking to renowned colour expert, Angela Wright. Angela has spent her entire career understanding the effects of colour and working with international organizations on how to best use colour to achieve their goals.
Who can benefit from listening in:
Colour is the first thing your audience sees about you. Before they even read any line of text they see colour and that first glance is critical in attracting your audience’s attention, in setting the right image and on whether or not they will purchase your product or service.
Every organization uses colour, regardless of what that colour is. We should use every tool available to us to help us achieve our goals and colour is an important one. The question is, are you using colour the right way or the most effective way?
Today’s episode will give you great insight in the world of colour and how it affects us including our decisions to purchase or engage with an organization.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- The fastest way to turn around an ailing brand is through colour
- Colour is affecting us physically, emotionally and aesthetically every waking moment, whether we are aware or not.
- Colour works like music. One note alone has its own property, but one note alone doesn’t do much until it is put together with other notes. The same applies with colour.
- There is no such thing as a good colour. It all depends on how you use it.
- Colour, scientifically is the principle cue to composition. In other words, is the first thing we look for to give us information about anything that confront us. So, we’re responding to the colors first before anything else.
The supplement for this episode is a quick and fun quiz on how much you know about colour.
Thanks for listening
To share your thoughts
- If you have a question or episode topic idea leave a message here.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.BACK TO PODCAST MAIN
SUBSCRIBEFor brand and marketing tips, trends and other information sign up to our blog.