028 | Building a place brand with Daniel Valverde from Essential Costa Rica
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
It’s hard enough to build a brand for a product or service, now imagine building a brand for a whole nation! A brand that is both an authentic expression of the essence of an entire country and is embraced by its residents as well as relevant and attractive to many different audiences around the globe.
That’s a tall order and one that my guest, Daniel Valverde, the Director of the Nation Brand of Costa Rica called Essential Costa Rica is doing a magnificent job at.
The nation brand Essential Costa Rica has not only been embraced by residents, government and national corporations but it has also delivered in terms of achieving outcomes in the attraction of tourism, investment and economic development.
Who can benefit from listening in:
Whether you’re building a brand for a single product, company or community, in this episode Daniel shares with us strategies and tactics they’ve used to successfully develop a brand that is embraced internally as well as externally.
There are many learnings you’ll take away from this episode; how to develop an authentic brand that is embraced internally, addresses the perceptions your audience has of you, speaks to the needs and desires of many different audiences and achieves the various goals you’re trying to reach.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- Leadership must be involved, understand the importance of the brand, ensure we live by the values of the brand and help protect and grow the brand.
- You don’t want your brand to be a problem needed to be solved.
- You must ensure your audience experiences the brand. You must deliver on the promises the brand makes.
- It’s important to ensure your visual assets are up to par in reflecting your brand values.
- You must continuously engage your internal audience as they are your brand ambassadors and the ones that will ensure your audience experience your brand promise.
- You must tell stories that help express your brand and engage in conversation with your audiences.
- A brand is an idea that you must nourish, protect and help grow.
Links to resources mentioned in this episode
The supplement for this episode are some of the assets created for the Essential Costa Rica brand.
Thanks for listening
To share your thoughts
- If you have a question or episode topic idea leave a message here.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.BACK TO PODCAST MAIN
SUBSCRIBEFor brand and marketing tips, trends and other information sign up to our blog.