April 26, 2018
027 | From Leader to Mentor with Ian Chisholm
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
There is no one department or person within an organization that is the sole responsible for the brand. Although every single person that works for or represents your organization in one way or another plays a role and has the responsibility of helping strength the brand, leaders of the organization have an enormous impact and influence on the brand.
In today’s episode Ian Chisholm, co-founder of the Roy Group, shares his extensive experience in coaching and helping organizational leaders. Ian shares insights on the crucial role leader’s play in setting, through their own conduct, the right examples and the right environment for brands to grow and achieve higher levels of performance.
If you are the owner, have a leadership role or manage a group within your organization this episode is unmissable.
Learn how your own conduct, not just the things you say, have a profound effect on others and can substantially influence the entire organizational culture and brand.
Ian’s insights and experience are inspiring as they are useful. Listening to this episode can be the start of you becoming a better leader and building a stronger brand.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- The way leaders choose to conduct themselves creates an atmosphere. It is noticed and affects how others feel and see themselves for better or worse.
- Brand is a feeling. You have to have the right elements and the right conduct and experiences to create the right feeling. The feeling you want your audiences (internal and external) to have.
- The culture of an organization is the sum of what it feels like from the inside and outside of the organization.
- The way leaders conduct themselves develop into stories that travel within an organization. What are the stories you’re leaving behind?
- Brands can’t be insecure. Brands must embrace each individual within the organization and allow them to be themselves within the tribal brand. Remarkable brands can hold all members of the team.
- Our conduct is where we meet the world and is our last chance to design or tailor those interactions and influence for the better.
Links to resources mentioned in this episode
The supplement for this episode is the character sheet the Roy Group created to help express and embody their brand. This is a great example and a very helpful way to fully develop and understand the brand you want to be. By creating an avatar or character that embodies your brand, you can better explain the character of the brand, how you should behave and the feelings you want your audiences to have when they interact with you.
Thanks for listening
To share your thoughts
- If you have a question or episode topic idea leave a message here.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.BACK TO PODCAST MAIN
SUBSCRIBEFor brand and marketing tips, trends and other information sign up to our blog.