032 | How to create a successful organization while addressing social issues and revolutionizing the fashion industry
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
Opening a business is not easy but doing so at 22 years of age with no previous business experience, in a highly competitive industry and in one of the most expensive cities in the world is just a massive undertaking. Now, doing so with the purpose of creating positive social impact while trying to revolutionize a whole industry that’s just plain crazy, right?
That’s exactly what Sophie Slater, co-founder of Birdsong did. Fast forward 4 years and you have an organization that is creating some waves, generating global attention and very well deserving accolades.
In this episode you’ll hear how a couple of young passionate women are proving that you can have a successful business while doing good.
Who can benefit from listening in:
This episode is useful for anyone who wants to build an organization or business that does more than earn a profit. It shows how collaboration can be a winning recipe and how passion and determination can overcome even the toughest of challenges.
This is a really positive and inspiring story that show that the path to what we believe in is attainable.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- A successful brand gives audiences reasons to care and belong not just to choose.
- Remarkable brands create an emotional connection with their audience.
- Remarkable brands provide the means for their audience to live the story they want to live, even if only for a moment.
- We buy the cake not the ingredients, the feeling of confidence not the power suit. We buy the story. Give the story people want.
- Great brands whisper “we see you”, they don’t shout “notice us”. Bernadette Jiwa
This week’s episode supplement is a series of 5 short videos explaining the process of designing, sourcing, production, etc. of Birdsong, as well as photos of the Birdsong workers.
- Here is a series of 5 short videos explaining the process of designing, sourcing, production, etc. of Birdsong – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeuEt3wX5Xg&list=PLpYfjQg_AUGrWGQQEmXjEeOnJ_b5TvXDT
- Some photographs of the workers of Birdsong
Thanks for listening
To share your thoughts
- If you have a question or episode topic idea leave a message here.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.BACK TO PODCAST MAIN
SUBSCRIBEFor brand and marketing tips, trends and other information sign up to our blog.