July 5, 2018
37 | Doing well by doing good – Natura’s story with Alex Pearl
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
Is an 18,000 employee company, spread over 5 continents and 72 countries with a revenue of over US$3 Billion able to live by a higher purpose, be sustainable and deliver positive social impact? Seems a tall order by Natura is doing it.
In today’s episode, we’re talking to Alex Pearl, General Manager of Natura Brazil (Natura’s USA operation). Alex tells us about Natura’s strong values of sustainability, positive social impact and positive relationships and how focusing on those values every step of the way has to lead the company to be the largest cosmetic company in Brazil and the 17th largest in the world.
Who can benefit from listening in:
Many organization’s struggle with finding a balance between their higher purpose or values and being financially successful. In challenging times pursuing a higher purpose becomes even harder.
Natura provides a great example of how to achieve this balance and in fact how pursuing a higher purpose is the way to financial success.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- As the company grows, your values and your conviction and commitment to your higher purpose must grow as well.
- You must have the right processes in place to ensure all your decisions are made with your financial interests as well as your brand values and brand purpose in mind.
- Your people, processes and spaces must be aligned with your brand values and purpose.
- Hirer people that share your values, remind them often of what you stand for and reinforce those values in everything you do and say.
Links to resources mentioned in this episode
The supplement for this episode includes Natura’s Annual Report and photos of Natura’s stores.
Thanks for listening
To share your thoughts
- If you have a question or episode topic idea leave a message here.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.BACK TO PODCAST MAIN
SUBSCRIBEFor brand and marketing tips, trends and other information sign up to our blog.