043 | Clarity and Transparency are key to success
Conversation with Chris Baeza
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
Chris Baeza is an assistant teaching professor and the Director for the Design and Merchandising undergraduate program at Drexel University. Chris has an extensive background in the fashion industry, particularly in product development. She has worked with such brands as Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica, Hugo Boss, Adidas, Nordstrom and Dockers.
In this episode Chris shares with us what it takes to become and remain a strong brand. From sweating the small stuff and paying attention to the minute details that form part of your brand to the deep introspection and reflection needed to succeed.
Who can benefit from listening in:
If you are thinking of starting a company, you need to be clear of your why. You need to be able to convince consumers of why they should by your product or service instead of every other one in the market. Why you?
In the other hand, if you are an established brand you need to validate why consumers should continue to choose you versus fresh, younger and likely more sustainable companies.
No brand’s future is secure. Brands, big and small, are facing ever increasing consumer demands for transparency, authenticity and affinity with their values. Products by themselves are no longer enough. Consumers are buying the stories and intentions behind every product.
In this episode Chris answer the questions of what it takes: to be successful? Why brands need to sweat the small stuff and why clarity of your why and authenticity of your decisions and actions are key to success.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- Marketing must be the communication of your brand not just the product. Chris Baeza
- Everything, even the smallest detail, must reflect your brand essence. Luiza Campos
- The world doesn’t need yet another ________(fill in the blank). You can’t just do a product for the product sake. The reason, the higher purpose you’re in business is what sells, not just your products. Chris Baeza
- If you want to start something you have to be clear about your why. Chris Baeza
- You don’t need to be in all markets. You just need to be in the right markets. Chris Baeza
- You have to do a lot of introspection and reflection to really focus on what the core essence of your brand is and make decisions based on that. Chris Baeza
- Products are the physical manifestation of the brand not the other way around. Chris Baeza
- Consumers buy the stories and the intentions behind the brands. Luiza Campos
Links to resources mentioned in this episode
- Chris Baeza
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Print Fresh
- Alberta Podcast Network
- ATB “The Brach for Arts & Culture”
- Don’t Call Me a Guru podcast
Thanks for listening
To share your thoughts
- If you have a question or episode topic idea leave a message here.
- Share this show using links below.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.BACK TO PODCAST MAIN
SUBSCRIBEFor brand and marketing tips, trends and other information sign up to our blog.