045 | How branding shapes your identity with Dr. Joseph Hancock
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
Branding is the way you shape your identity as an organization. That identity is what attracts your customers.
Dr. Joseph Hancock has over 20 years of industry, teaching and research experience in the field of branding as storytelling. He has worked with such brands as The Gap, The Limited and Target Corporation and has written extensively in the topic.
In this episode, Dr. Hancock provides great examples of how brands effectively shape an identity and use every possible detail to tell stories that attract and retain customers.
From bottled water to high end fashion items, successful brands know how to use storytelling to shape an identity and attract and retain loyal customers.
Who can benefit from listening in:
Regardless of the industry you’re in, you likely have competitors with very similar products or services. How do you make sure your product or service is the one your potential audience chooses? What is different and unique about you?
Do you spend your resources talking about your product or service or telling the story of who you are as an organization and building an identity?
In this episode Dr. Hancock gives multiple examples of big and small brands and how they have built brands that stand out and attract loyal customers.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- The story you tell of your brand can mean you sell a bottle of water (or cup of coffee, etc.) for $2 or $10.” Luiza Campos
- Branding can be a source for good or bad. Which side will you bet on? Luiza Campos
- Branding is more important than marketing because it encases the entire company. Dr. Joseph Hancock
- Branding shapes your identity. Luiza Campos
- Have a great product that consumers want and be true to who you are. Joseph Hancock
- You need context and messaging to create an effective brand storytelling. Dr. Joseph Hancock
- Your brand helps you define who you want and who you don’t want as a customer. Dr. Joseph Hancock
Links to resources mentioned in this episode
- Joseph Hancock – Drexel University
- If you have a question or episode topic idea leave a message here.
- Share this show with the links below.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Thanks for listening
To share your thoughts
Don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.BACK TO PODCAST MAIN
SUBSCRIBEFor brand and marketing tips, trends and other information sign up to our blog.