050 | An interview with Terry O’Reilly
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
If you know Terry O’Reilly, then you already know why you should listen to this episode. I mean is Terry O’Reilly! If you don’t know Terry O’Reilly, boy are you in for a treat.
There are just so many reasons of why you should learn more about Terry and listen to this episode.
First, Terry has won hundreds of awards for his work in advertising. He has over 40 years of experience in the advertising industry and has worked with international brands as well as small local business, well-known actors and actresses. He has even created an advertising campaign for nuns. There is a great story here that he shares in this episode.
He has received three honorary degrees and three lifetime achievement awards.
He is a jury in several advertising award shows.
He is the co-author of the best-selling book called “The Age of Persuasion: How Marketing Ate Our Culture” and the author of his latest brilliant book called “This I know: Marketing Lessons from Under the Influence”.
But he is perhaps better known for being the host of the award-winning radio/podcast show called “Under the Influence”, where he shares fascinating stories and lessons from the world of marketing and advertising.
Who can benefit from listening in:
If you are in marketing and advertising or if you’re a business leader, this is an episode you won’t want to miss. But the fascinating thing about Terry and his podcast and books is that even if you’re not in advertising you find his stories incredibly interesting.
It’s both as he puts it “a behind the scenes look into the world of marketing and advertising” as well as insights into the human nature.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- “Smart marketers try to identify the emotional benefit of their product and then build their marketing around that.” Terry O’Reilly
- “The true secret to influence someone is to make them feel your message in their gut, not just understand it.” Terry O’Reilly
- “Organizations that are obsessed with their brands are almost always market leaders” Terry O’Reilly
- “In a cluttered world of distracted attention, complication is kryptonite.” Terry O’Reilly
- “If you can’t out spend them, you have to out think them. You have to beat them with strategy.” Terry O’Reilly
- “Be bold.” Terry O’Reilly
Links to resources mentioned in this episode
Thanks for listening
To share your thoughts
- If you have a question or episode topic idea leave a message here.
- Share this show with the links below.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.BACK TO PODCAST MAIN
SUBSCRIBEFor brand and marketing tips, trends and other information sign up to our blog.