052 | Overcoming the fear of selling – a conversation with Hamish Knox
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
Like it or not we all have to “sell” our products or services or cause. Either one on one with a potential client or through marketing platforms, we have to convince a potential client to choose us over all others.
Selling can be scary. It can feel awkward and it can be hard to take rejection.
In this episode, Hamish walks us through the best way to approach selling, the proven seven step process to convert a prospect into a client and the psychology behind successfully selling.
Who can benefit from listening in:
If you are an entrepreneur, solopreneur, business owner, or leader of an organization, you need to “sell” your products or services or cause.
Knowing how to “sell” your organization can ensure your messages and your approach is more effective, your prospect feels understood and valued, your image and reputation is elevated, and your feelings, regardless if you are successful or not, are unharmed.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- “People buy for their reasons, not ours.” Hamish Knox
- “People buy emotionally and then justify intellectually.” Hamish Knox
- “Most sales people are product centered and clients don’t care.” Hamish Knox
- “We’re all selling change.” Hamish Knox
Links to resources mentioned in this episode
- Hamish Knox
- Hamish Knox LinkedIn
- Alberta Podcast Network
- ATB Financial
- Back To School Again
- Sales system and process article
Thanks for listening
To share your thoughts
- If you have a question or episode topic idea leave a message here.
- Share this show with the links below.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.BACK TO PODCAST MAIN
SUBSCRIBEFor brand and marketing tips, trends and other information sign up to our blog.