058 | How Lush Cosmetics grew a cult like following by being unapologetically true to their values – a Conversation with Brandi Halls
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
If you know Lush Cosmetics you know they are not afraid to stand for what they believe in and what they are against. In fact, they actively campaign for causes they believe in and campaign against what they believe is wrong.
This unapologetic and strong stance inevitably translates into push back, criticism and sometimes even boycotts towards the company. But that doesn’t affect the company’s and its staff resolve, much on the contrary.
Lush Cosmetics, a UK company, has grown a cult like following with minimal advertising and marketing dollars and have grown to 1,000 stores in over 50 countries. The $1 billion-pound company maybe be small compared to other cosmetic brands but with their no animal testing, ethical buying, handmade products made with 100% vegetarian fresh ingredients and with 45% of their products with no packaging, this brand is making waves and winning hearts and minds.
Who can benefit from listening in:
Regardless of what industry you’re in, if you’re trying to build a brand you don’t want to miss this interview with Brandi Halls, Lush Cosmetics Brand Director for North America.
Brandi shares with us how Lush focuses and lives by their values, how they engage with staff and clients and how they are growing their brand and reach with a very small marketing budget.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- Hire people who share your values and have come to you because of what you stand for.
- Create a sense of belonging and community with staff and clients
- Don’t be scared to seek perfection. Don’t let perfection stop you from doing what you think is right, even if you’re not all the way there.
- If you don’t have a big budget, pay attention to how your loyal customers are engaging with your brand and leverage that in an authentic and meaningful way.
Links to resources mentioned in this episode
Thanks for listening
To share your thoughts
- If you have a question or episode topic idea leave a message here.
- Share this show with the links below.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.BACK TO PODCAST MAIN
SUBSCRIBEFor brand and marketing tips, trends and other information sign up to our blog.