April 22, 2020
77 | Necessity is the mother of invention – 3 essential elements to help brands survive and thrive
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
We’re still amid the pandemic, and brands are trying to figure out what to do.
By now most organizations have done what they could to cut costs and are actively looking for financial support. But now brands need to go beyond reacting to the challenges and look for opportunities.
There are many examples of brands that managed to flourish during a crisis, mostly did so because of their ability to innovate and pivot.
To envision possibilities rather than focus on the present existing problems, may feel wrong, after all, we’re in crisis management mode and the instinct is to protect and defend. But it is exactly the ability to envision possibilities and seek new opportunities that give brands the best path forward to survive and potentially even thrive.
In this episode, I share three essential elements to help brands imagine possible new opportunities that both address market demand and are a good fit for your brand.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- Have your purpose and values be both your guide and your filter for decision-making.
- Those around you, being your clients, social media followers, suppliers, collaborators, etc. can be a great source of inspiration, for new opportunities.
- Knowing your audience is important to help you think about how you may be able to address their needs.
- Allow yourself time to relax, play and think.
- To be innovative you have to go beyond the worry of the challenges you’re facing now.
- Don’t disregard ideas too quickly, instead try to think of how you may be able to make them real. Remember, different strategies require different thinking.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode
Thanks for listening
To share your thoughts
- If you have a question or episode topic idea leave a message here.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.BACK TO PODCAST MAIN
SUBSCRIBEFor brand and marketing tips, trends and other information sign up to our blog.