June 22, 2020
80 | The future of brands
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
With everything that is happening in the world right now, we’ve seen brands struggle on how to react both during COVID-19 and most noticeably now with Black Lives Matter.
Some brands acted quickly, pivoting their practices and showing support to their community. Others were unsure on what to do or how-to best act.
For a few years now, there has been an increased pressure on brands to be a force for good and help solve social problems such as environmental issues and diversity. Since COVID-19 and particularly after George Floyd’s death, that pressure has intensified.
In this episode I explore the pressures that are at play and what brands need to consider as they move forward.
Who can benefit from listening in:
Brands of all sizes and industries are facing a challenging world, to say the least, but these challenges also present an opportunity for brands to become more relevant and meaningful to their audiences.
Key areas discussed in this episode:
- Global marketing trends and what it means to brands.
- The expectations and significant influence of younger generations.
- Key considerations brands need to keep in mind and act on to remain relevant.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode
- 2020 Global Marketing Trends
- What consumers want from brands – SproutSocial
- Alberta Podcast Network
- Straight from the CPA’s mouth podcast
- Queer Calendar Project podcast
The supplement for this episode includes information on how to define and deliver on a human-centered purpose.
Thanks for listening
To share your thoughts
- If you have a question or episode topic idea leave a message here.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
Don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.BACK TO PODCAST MAIN
SUBSCRIBEFor brand and marketing tips, trends and other information sign up to our blog.